Each week throughout the year, there are several ways to participate in a variety of runs with other Cypress Running Club members. The listing below highlights the various activities that are fairly routine.
- Interval training – Starting from the Coles Crossing lap pool, this run will be focused on different types of interval training and will attempt to follow the our training plan workouts. Running distance usually ranges from 4-6 miles at various paces. Meeting time: 5 a.m.
- Track work – Meeting at the Cy-Fair High School track, this run is all about SPEED. Keep in mind that speed is all relative and there are usually several different paces running at any particular time. Meeting Time: 5 a.m.
- Track work – Same as Tuesday AM track work. Meeting time 6 or 7 p.m. depending on the daylight savings time.
- Interval training – Meeting time: 5 a.m.
- Interval training – Meeting time: 7 p.m.
- Long runs – All weekly official long runs occur on Saturday mornings. Most weeks, this will be the best opportunity to run with the most CRC members. All runs begin and end within Coles Crossing at Sampson Elementary, unless otherwise instructed (some groups meet at the lap pool right across the street). Groups start at various times ranging from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. Regular Facebook events are created weekly to give more detail about pace groups and meeting times.
The above is just a guideline of regular activities scheduled by the group. Detailed times and training routines are most often posted on Facebook at least a few days prior to the event. Please check the Facebook event tab regularly for more specific information.