Welcome to the Foundation Group! The Foundation Group training plans cover distances from 10-milers through full marathons. This group is designed for:
- Recreational runner: 10-25 miles per week
- Want to finish a half or full marathon
- Want to begin focusing on improving speed through speed work
The Foundation Group will target the Aramco Half Marathon and the Chevron Houston Marathon with a target pace range of 9:30/mile and 11:30/mile. The Foundation training plan is designed for runners who have not run a full or half marathon and are comfortable with the target pace range. Before beginning a CRC foundation training program, you should prepare your body by running three times per week, for a minimum of 30 minutes each workout. By the first week of a training program, your longest run of the week should be at least 4 miles for a half-marathon program and 5 miles for a marathon program.
The Foundation Group Training plan consists of three runs per week.
- Two mid-week workouts that are recommended to be done at the scheduled sessions with a CRC Coach.
- One Saturday long run with the Foundation Group (weather permitting). These runs are performed at a conversational pace for a specified distance.
For the two mid-week workouts, the type of workout will change every 3-4 weeks to add variety and to develop different aspects of your running fitness. Some examples of these types of workouts include: Fartlek’s (speed-play), Tempo Runs, and Intervals.
Saturday morning group runs of 4, 6, 8, and 10 miles take place all Summer. Additional distances will be added to the schedule once official training programs kick off.
Weekly training plans are also posted in the CRC Facebook Group under the events tab. If you have a different target race than what is listed below, please reach out to a coach for guidance.
|Cypress Half Marathon||
|Aramco Half Marathon||See Plan|
|Chevron Marathon||See Plan|